ETHMIGSURVEYDATA is a network of researchers from all sectors (academic, think tanks, government units, non-governmental organisations, private companies, etc.) striving to improve the access, sharing and usability of survey data focusing on ethnic and migrant minorities’ (EMMs’) integration across Europe. It works on a sustainable improvement of the research capacity in the field of EMMs’ economic, social and political integration in Europe.
Funded by COST Action 16111 with support by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020, ETHMIGSURVEYDATA will,
- compile, document, archive and pool a large amount of data coming from various comparable studies conducted around Europe
- allow for an evidence-based transfer of knowledge to policymakers and to the civil society on processes and con- sequences of the integration of EMMs
- define best standards for respective data assessments in the future
- promote comparative EMM survey data production in European countries
- train young European researchers on the assessment of EMM data and analysis.
A main goal of the network is the set-up of a web-based platform or Data Hub (EthMigSurveyDataHub) which facilitates knowledge, opportunities for deposit and for access of EMM data across Europe.
For this budgetary year (01 May 2018 – 30 April 2019), our COST Action has the following events scheduled:
- Executive meeting & management committee meeting : 05 – 07 July 2018 (Paris, FR)
- 2nd ETHMIGSURVEYDATA Training School: 26 – 27 October 2018 (Bucharest, RO)
- Working Groups meeting: 22 – 23 November 2018 (Porto, PT)
- 1st Annual Conference: date and location TBC